Thursday, August 25, 2005

What Do You Think Of Brownies???
I was thinking about "brownies" tonight. It probably has to do with the fact that I have one third of this cookie sheet sized pan of brownies sitting in the freezer. They are soooo good. The calorie count is quite possibly out of this world though. So, instead of going and getting one to eat I thought I would write about them. Joanne (my baby) would probably be quite jealous that we have some here as she's the reason I copied the recipe down and first made them. Instead of being the"Barefoot Contessas" brownies they are quickly becoming mine. That happens sometimes when a recipe you come across somewhere and make a few times, becomes your own. I had that happen with a chocolate chip cookie recipe quite a few years ago. Now my girls call them "Moms" chocolate chip cookies.
Anyway, back to the Brownies. There is so much chocolate in them. Close to 2 1/2 pounds to be more accurate. Then there's the sugar and walnuts. They really are to die for. In my lifetime I have had the opportunity to bake and/or eat dozens of different brownies and in my opinion these are, by far,the best!!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Chocolate, my biggest downfall.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Mmmm, Brownies....
And why does this post keep disappearing on me?? Sigh....is it happening to anybody else???
I'm so impressed that you started a blog mom!!! Congratulations:)Now, you might have to change some settings to let non-blogger's leave comments. You have to log in and go to the "Dashboard" and then change something under settings, assuming that this blog will let you do that!!!!

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

I am not sure why that posting disappears. I have just scrolled to bottom and gone back to top and it is there.

Thanks for the info and advice. I will go and see if I can do that now!!

10:37 a.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

I did it!!!!

Thanks Jo!!! Love Ya!!!!!!!!!!

10:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!!! I'm glad to have a mother who can use computers!!! And feel free to send some brownies my way....you know it's my birthday soon:) Just kidding. I don't think they'll make the journey. And I still don't know why the post keeps disappearing. I figured out that if I highlight it I can see it!!!!

11:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think anyone will agree that there's nothing quite lke mom's chocolate chip cookies and mom's brownies!!! They seem to make things right!

8:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home