Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Let's See..................................

Let's see what's been happening around here the last week or so???????????

Not too terribly much, I'm afraid. It's been quite boring!!! I am beginning to feel like the summer is quickly coming to an end :( The days are getting shorter. It was pretty dark by 9:00 tonight. Even though the temperature reached 30 c yesterday, the weather is changing fast. It was 23 c today and the forecast is for a whopping 16 c tomorrow :( :( :( The forecast is for a relatively nice weekend though :) It is after all, the final long weekend of the summer and then it's back to school for the teachers and kids and back to the fall/winter activities like bowling. Jill, Ryan and I are going to bowl together again this year. I plan on taking it easy at first as my knee/leg have been giving me quite a bit of trouble as of late. I should be able to bowl 3 games a week though. I decided over the summer to not bowl on Monday nights this year. I really didn't enjoy the match play at all as I am not as good as I once was. I've also lost my competitiveness that I once had and that's not good in that sort of league.

We had a furious rainstorm at about 10:00 this evening. It must have been bad as Clara came in. Not like last week when she wouldn't come home during that horrid storm we had. Maybe she thought better of staying outside in it as she had last week.

I bought myself a present today, a laptop computer and printer. Bruce has been spending sooooooooooooo much time on my computer playing Texas Hold 'Em tournaments that if I wanted to go on the computer I couldn't. I got the wireless mouse installed and the printer installed too. Now I just have to figure out how to set up the internet on it. It shouldn't be that hard, I wouldn't think!!!! I have a 60 day trial for Microsoft Office to try out, so then I can see if it would be worthwhile getting. I wouldn't mind having Excel to work on. We'll see!!!!!

I suppose that's all for tonight. I wonder how Joanne and Eric are doing in their new apartment???? I wonder if her dishpan hands are any better?????????? Poor baby!!!!! That's why I say, thank god for dishwashers!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

we're doing good. No internet yet, though, so access is limited! Was thinking about calling you tonight:) I need to find out about my car!!!

5:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home