Wednesday, August 23, 2006

One Heck of a Storm!!!!!

What a night we had last night!!! Around 9:30 pm I noticed that there seemed to be quite a lot of flashes of lightning in the Northeast looking out our living room window. Within the next half hour it had moved south and was flashing almost continuously right in front of us.

Bruce and I sat on the front step for a while and watched. When it got quite close to the house I came inside. Then the rain started.....and Bruce was standing right up against the door on the step to watch the storm. There were a couple of flashes of lightning that were immediately followed by cracks of thunder. Boy, do I hate those!!! Then the power went out for about 15 minutes. It was quite funny when the power went out because Bruce was outside and when the streeetlights went out he opened the door to tell me that the lightning is so bright that the sensors on the streetlights triggered the lights to turn off!!!! I said to him "The power went out. Didn't you notice that we are in darkness in the house and there is NO television on?". Mr. observant one, hadn't even noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The power came back on and then it went out again at about 10 to 1 am for another 15 minutes or so. Then at about 2:10 am it went out again for 1.5 hours. I didn't like it at all, and therefore did not get much sleep at all last night. I was also worried about Clara, as she was outside and wouldn't come home when I called her. She was okay though and Bruce let her in before he went to work this morning.

In other news.......Oscar was particularly affectionate today. He came and layed with me on the couch this morning, curling up in the crook of my arm on my hip!!!!! This was really strange as he doesn't normally cuddle up on me but just lays on the couch with me.

I have a streak going right now.......I am on day #16 with having at least one Tim's XL double/double. It was really funny last night, I was out so on my way home I stopped and picked up my coffee. Bruce was out playing golf and he stopped on his way home and surprised me with another coffee. I had only been home for about half an hour when he came home, so I still had about half of my coffee.

Not too much has been happening here. I had Jen and Trev and Jill and Ryan over for dinner on Saturday night. We barbequed some salmon and chicken and had farmers market vegetables with it. I made a blueberry crisp and cheesecake with blackberry sauce with some of the berries we picked in Gibson's. It was very good. Tonight I went to Gateway and looked after the 'Buckshot' for Bruce. It was the last one for a while, thank goodness.

I hope I haven't bored you too terribly much with this post. Time to close for tonight! YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home