Friday, July 21, 2006

It Only Took 14 Months

So, after only 14 months of being in the trunk of my car, we finally got the 2 window fans out and in tonight!!! I decided today that maybe we should prepare for this heatwave that is supposed to hit beginning tomorrow with temperatures over +30 c for the next week. We put one of the fans in the kitchen window and the other one here in the computer room. They do seem to help. Today the temperature was +28 c, so the house did get quite warm by this afternoon/evening. It is quite pleasant here right now as I sit at the computer composing this post.

The other thing that I did today was make an appointment to get my eyes tested!!! I guess that I've put it off long enough......and will most likely be getting bifocals (YUGH). It makes me feel OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I really must come to terms with the fact that I am 51 years old. It's hard to remember that though. My brain doesn't feel that old even when my body feels like it's 61!!!!!

I spent some time in the front yard this evening. I decided that I had procrastinated long enough at getting some of the weeds pulled. I will try to finish it tomorrow. I also plan on doing some pruning out there. I have sprayed most of the weeds in the back garden, but so far haven't come up with an idea of what to do with that area. Has anyone got any ideas as to what I should do back there????????

Bruce came home from work tonight with a tale of how the machine on lane 28 blew up today!!! He has never had a machine BLOW UP before, so he is quite bugged as to what to do to repair it! He has a busy week coming up next week, as they are doing a SCRUB on the lanes. Instead of doing a complete sanding job (as they did last year), they just do a sand off of the finish and put down a new coat of lacquer. I think that they start on Tuesday and it will be finished by Friday. Hopefully he gets his problem with lane 28 fixed by then!!!!!!!!!!

Not much else going on here. I'm looking forward to Vegas in 2 weeks and then on to the coast right after that. It will be nice to have a bit of a vacation for 10 days. I guess that to most of you, all my days are kind of a vacation as I don't work outside the house!!!!! But it will be nice to get away, anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

What a good girl, getting all that work done!! I'm sure the pussy cats appreciate the new fans, even though it means that Oscar won't be able to sit in the window anymore! Less than two more weeks!!!

8:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should put in grass back there... Home Depot is selling sod now, or you could try and seed it although it is a pretty big space for that! If you want any help I'm free!

9:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home