Monday, July 17, 2006

Okay, Okay Joanne.....

Okay Joanne, I'll write something here tonight. Although, it may not be too exciting or long for that matter as it's somewhat boring around here!

I suppose the most exciting thing to happen this past week is that we finally decided as to when we are going to head out to Gibson's Landing, B.C. The plan is to leave the day after I get back from Vegas! We are planning to drive to Vancouver on Tuesday and catch the first ferry on Wednesday morning. We are taking the PT Cruiser so hopefully it will be good on gas!! We are going to visit friends of ours that live there. We'll stay until Sunday and then head back home and probably stop somewhere overnight on the drive home and get back on the Monday.

Jen, Trev and Daisy went to the Bennett family cabin for a few days this past week, so I was in charge of checking their house and watering the plants. I even raided the raspberry patch one day! YUM :) I didn't notice, but I guess someone backed into their new gate while they were away!!! No real damage though. It wasn't me though, as I parked out front when I went over.

Today was Bruce's Slo Pitch day. I didn't go though, as I had a terrible sinus headache. They lost the first game and (don't die of shock!!!!!!!) they won their 2nd game 34 to 18!!!!!!!!! I think that was their first 'REAL' win. When Bruce finally got home at 6:30 this evening, we went for Chinese. It was good.

I was really lucky this afternoon! Oscar came and sat with me on the couch (he was in need of some pats!) and then while Oscar was still beside me, Soonie came and sat on my lap. They seem to be much happier now that the weather has cooled off somewhat! The heat really seemed to bother the 2 of them when it was in the high 20's and low 30's.

Not much else to report on the homefront this week. I haven't a clue as to what this coming week will be like. I have to get some laundry done in the next couple of days and arrange for the puddy tats care when we are away. I also should see about getting that birch tree cut down before it causes any damage. It is dying off and I'm sure that a big wind could cause some problems. I have to start pulling out some of the DEAD weeds in the garden area. I sprayed them with Round Up and they have finally begun to die off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Your hot weather has come our way. We've had borderling 100 degree weather here. It's awful, and I can't stand driving in my car!!!! I almost get heat stroke when I stay in the car too long. SUCKS!!!

5:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home