I'm Really Still Alive!!!!
I'm not sure where the time goes, but yes, I'm still alive here. I seem to be quite busy these days, although it really isn't very interesting. Lately I've been crocheting. I have made some Christmas gifts and also a baby blanket for the newest arrival in Bruce's family. His niece, Michelle, had her second baby boy on the 17th of September. I decided to crochet a blanket for him and I also made a scarf for baby #1, who just turned 2 on the 6th of September. I've also made some Christmas ornaments and some cards. I'm finding it so much easier to do these things now that I have gotten my new progressive lenses and don't have to work so hard to do any close-up reading or work. I don't know why I waited so long to do it???????? Silly me !!:)
Bruce is doing pretty good. Last week, he had some bad back pain and stayed home from work one day and came home early the day before that. He is SUPER busy at work these days as they are seriously under-staffed. There is a staffing stortage here. Every place is looking for workers. Lots of places are offering $500 to $1000 signing bonuses. Hopefully, the guy he fired this week will work out and ease the burden. He has been working 5 and 1/2 days a week for the last 6 weeks. He printed off his hours for this week tonight and already had 38.5 hours and still has another day and a half to go.
This year is going to be very busy for me with all the bowling things. We are hosting 3 national tournaments this season plus the Youth Scholarship Tournament and all other regular events. I am on the committee for the CTF (Canadian Tenpin Federation) Youth Nationals. There is a lot of work to do there as we must fund the event along with all of the other work that is involved. It's scary as we, as the organizing host committee, we want to run a first class event for the youth bowlers from across Cananda.
The pussy cats are doing quite well. Clara is quite put out with this wintry weather we have had since last weekend. We got our first snowfall and it has stayed and the temperatures are rather cold. When I came home from bowling tonight, she thought she would like to go outside but then thought better. Soonie is the same as she always is.....cuddly and FAT. She hates her new song that I sing to her.......to the tune of Lollipop, Lollipop, it goes something like this............Toodle Bug Toodle Bug, my little Toodle Bug. Toodle Bug, Toodle Bug my little cuddle bug or purry bug or furry bug (you can get the jist, I think!!!). Then there is Oscar....he's as funny as ever. He follows me into the bathroom and purrs and purrs and rubs my legs when I'm on the throne looking for his pats. The night before last, I woke up at about 4 am and was watching T.V. and he came over to see me and I motioned for him to jump up and sit with me. To my utter amazement, he did. He cuddled with me and purred and purred for a good hour. He has also been sleeping at my feet more. He's such a goofy boy!!!!!!!
Well, I suppose I've bored you all enough with details of my rather uneventful existence, compared to most of you who have REAL jobs, so I will close for tonight as I'm quite tired.

1 Comments:
I'd hardly call my job real....
Glad to see you finally update!!! I've been wondering what's been going on:)
Post a Comment
<< Home