Friday, May 05, 2006

A Bit of This and A Bit of That

The warm weather season must be here, thank goodness!! We had our first fire last Saturday night. It was really nice. I sat out there for hours after Bruce went in to watch the dumb Hockey game. We roasted a few hot dogs and sat there for quite some time. Then on Sunday it was cold and not so nice. I think that is the way it's supposed to be again this weekend.

In case anyone doesn't know the Edmonton Oilers have advanced to the second round in the playoffs (beating the 'President Cup' winner Detroit Red Wings). Much to Bruce's dismay, his beloved Calgary flame lost the 7th game in their series to Anaheim. He has been in mourning for the last few days!!! He really wanted to see the Oilers and Flames play and revive the Alberta rivalry.

Last night was a real treat for me....there was NO Hockey on the television for the first time in 2 weeks. Not that there was really anything else on other than CSI and Without a Trace. I'm not into Survivor or any of the other so called 'reality shows'.

Bowling season is officially over!!! We finished last Thursday, but don't have our banquet until the 12th. The Monday and Tuesday leagues had their banquets together on Monday night at the Sutton Place hotel. The meal was great, but the presentations took too long! I went out for a smoke, and as I went out the door a chartered bus had just arrived and had begun unloading. The first man off looked awfully familiar to me. The woman I was with said it was the "Detroit Red Wings". They sure were a bunch of very unhappy looking men coming off the bus, having just lost the series to the Oilers. That was rather exciting!!!

Not much else has been happening here. Bruce 'power raked' the front lawn last Friday. He plans on doing the backyard tomorrow. He is playing 'Slow Pitch' on Sunday's now. Gateway has a team and they play on Sunday afternoon's (2 games). I guess that our Sundays are shot for now!!!

I have been having trouble with my sinuses lately. They are constantly plugged. I went to WalMart tonight and got some Actifed to see if that gives me some relief. Advil Cold and Sinus has stopped working for me. I think that it is possibly springtime allergies.

Well that's about it for now. Better go for tonight................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home