Monday, March 27, 2006

My New Necklace Should Be........

A camera!!!

Tonight I decided that I should keep my camera within my reach at all times. I was sitting on the couch watching 'Desperate Housewives' and little Oscie Boy came and sat on the arm of the couch with me. This is not an unusual occurrence but what happened next was! Oscar sat there for a few minutes getting his neck and back patted and after a few minutes, I stopped and was watching T.V. He decided to leave, or so I thought. Instead of leaving the couch he walked along the back about halfway. He then decided that maybe he would climb down onto the cushions. I just thought he was going to walk across and either go onto the floor or onto the coffee table. Much to my surprise he stopped and began sniffing the quilt I had over my legs.....then he began kneading and before I knew it he cuddled up against my leg and layed down. Can you believe it????? He sat there purring away and let me pat him for half and hour!!!! I could have kicked myself at not having the camera right there with me. I guess the million or so times I've told him that cuddling was not so bad has finally sunk in. He always seems quite interested when Soonie comes and cuddles, but has not come for a cuddle when I'm awake since he was a little kitten.

Not too much has been going on here this week. I had a serious siatic (sp) nerve flare-up this week and could barely walk for 3 days! When I thought it was better, I would go in the car and drive and the seat hit just the right spot and when I got out....I could hardly walk again! Yesterday and today it seems to be much better. maybe I'll be able to bowl this week. Last week I bowled only 1 game on Thursday. Monday it was so bad when I got to the bowling centre, Bruce immedialtely called for a spare for me. I watched the first 2 games and was so uncomfortable, that I decided to go home and rest it.

Bruce had to work all weekend as we had the CTF (Canadian Tenpin Federation) Youth provincials there. It will be another long week for him getting prepared for the Edmonton Open next weekend. I am working during the tournament, so I will be there all weekend too. Bruce doesn't have to work, just go in early and make sure that there are no major problems with the lanes and then he's bowling.

Not much else to report. The snow is slowly melting. We had some rain yesterday and then a scuff of snow last night (better than the heavy snowfall warning they were predicting yesterday afternoon).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I'm jealous.....

The mail came today...thanks!

6:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Momma C! It's been forever since I've commented on your (or anybody else's) blog. It's a beautiful Sunday here in E-Town, and I've recently been offered a 10 month contract at the University, so it looks like I'll be here until January 12 at least. Hoorah! Hope you're enjoying the melting snow and your sciatic nerve is treating you better. Looking forward to a new Housewives tonight. XOXO

12:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home