Saturday, March 18, 2006

In Like a Lion and Still Roaring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, has everyone had enough of March yet???? Like I said a couple of weeks ago March came in like a lion and it's still roaring! We have received a huge amount of snow in the last 24 hours. Bruce shoveled a path out to his car this morning, while it was warming up as he had to go to work. I went out around 2:00 this afternoon and waded through snow that was halfway up my calf. In the driveway the snow was up to my knees!!!! I was planning on going to fill my car up, get some stamps and a few groceries and then head over to Gateway to see Bruce. I managed to get the car out of the garage and through the huge amount of snow on the driveway and down the alley. When I looked at the streets my plans quickly changed. I went to IGA and picked up what we needed for the next couple of days and came back home. The roads were horrendous. I did get sort of stuck in the driveway when I came home, but after a few forwards and reverses I figured I was okay and got out to open the garage door. I had visions of stepping on the gas and not being able to brake in time and smashing into the garage door. So that was my excitement for today. YAWN!!!!

Bruce's PT Cruiser must ride lower to the ground than my car. He got stuck in the alley and had to shovel out some of the snow and then 1/2 of the driveway. His back has been bad so he didn't do any more. This afternoon the doorbell rang and 2 teenage boys asked if I would like the snow shoveled. They did the front walks for $10. I figured that was good. It needs to be shoveled again though. maybe tomorrow I will take a few photos of this snowfall and post them.

Not much else to report, so I guess I will close for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I guess we're not the only ones who got dumped on...although all the snow has melte! Typical!! Seems like snow doesn't stick here:)

12:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home