Desperate Housewives???????
During the summer, full of re-run television, Bruce and I discovered the often talked about, "Desperate Housewives". After catching up on all the storylines this summer we eagerly anticipated the "season premiere". If you know anything about Bruce and the t.v., you know that he HOGS the remote and was checking when his favourite program "Family Guy" was on. AGGGGGGH, same time as "Desperate Housewives"!!!!!! Chris to the rescue...........thank god for digital cable....... he could watch "Family Guy" 3 hours earlier on a Detroit station.
Does anyone else watch this silly program??? Can you imagine anyone taking one of the guests ties at their husbands funeral and changing the tie on the body?? Bree is a piece of work. And who has the new character "Betty" have locked up in her basement? Will Susan find happiness with Mike???? Will Tom and Lynette's marriage survive the role changes in their marriage? What do you think????????????
Anyway, it's sort of fun to watch something so utterly off-the-wall as "Desperate Housewives" for a change. It's so completely different than our usual "Law and Orders" or "CSI's" that we faithfully watch.

4 Comments:
Guilty as charged, Momma C! I missed the season premiere, though, AND Family Guy as well. I really enjoy Desperate Housewives. I didn't really think I would, but I find the writing to be quite clever and the plot twist and turns are actually interesting. And, unlike most soap operas, they are also usually credible. (NOTE...I did say usually). I'm not surprised that Bree would change the tie on her husband at the funeral - she is known for her anal retentiveness and had her personal breakdown at the end of last season, but wouldn't dare break down in front of others. A lady shouldn't do that, in her opinion.
So yes, I'm hooked on the show and it certainly has its silly moments, but I think what's more refreshing than the fact that it isn't a show about crime investigation is the fact that it is NOT reality TV. I have NEVER been interested in reality TV and I don't see the attraction whatsoever. I miss good writing, good scripts and, god forbid, good acting! I certainly hope this reality phase comes to an end very soon. It's another version of the almighty dollar - these average Joes (irony that I say this since this is/was a reality show) want to make a buck and will do anything to do it. And hopefully, in the process, they'll get an extra 15 minutes of fame. Do I care about them? No. Are they remotely entertaining? No. But the Housewives, let them live on. Goodness, I'm just non-stop this weekend, aren't I!
I agree with you on the reality?? tv thing. I do not watch them at all. I can't see the facination with the bachelor/bachelorettes, avergage joes etc. etc. etc. I don't even get into the hype of American/Canadian Idol.
I did however watch the last season recap and season opener of Lost last week. For some reason I thought it was another reality?? thingy. I quite enjoyed it and it seems to be another sort or prime time soap format.
If I actually remember to watch Desperate Housewives, I do...I've only seen approximately three episodes though, two from last season and the Season Premier last night. So I really have no clue what's going on....but that's alright because I enjoy it anyway!
Well then Baby Girl, you could get Eric to buy you the season one on DVD as it is out now!!!! Then you could catch up on it!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home