Sunday, September 18, 2005

25 years After The Fact

Joanne made mention the other day in one of her postings about some people in her family having trouble with turning 25 years old. Meaning, ME, her mommy. I thought I should explain. Most women have trouble turning 30 then 40 and my god can you believe even 50, well my most troublesome age was 25. I had been married for almost 8 years, had 2 beautiful little girls (6 years old and a 3 year old) and had lost a baby the August before my 25th B-Day. I was at a crossroads. I didn't know if we should try for another baby, if I should go back to school, get a job or just go along with being a stay-at-home mom.

I did eventually decide to go back to school and went back and got my English 30 in the fall of 1980. I started taking an accounting course in January and after a few weeks was rather sick.....you guessed it, the morning kind!!!! Surprise!!! I was pregnant. On September 23,1981 I gave birth to my last baby, a girl, named Joanne Amy. By the time my 26th birthday came along I knew what I would be doing for the next few years. I did eventually go to work, working at Lynnwood Bowl for quite a few years. Mostly part-time so I could still be home with my girls and working it out so that their dad was there when I wasn't.

Now it's 25 and a half years later and I could care less about how old I am. I'm just glad to be here. I don't think I would change a thing about how that time of my life turned out. All three girls are grown up now, have university educations,(Jen's a nurse, Jill's a teacher and Joanne will be a teacher when she can work in the U.S.) are married to great guys and are all on their own. My baby is much further away than I would like though. And that is why I am EmptyNestMomma!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Wow! There's a lot of things that I didn't know!!!

10:07 a.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

See what my rambling on and on can do.....teach you a little about moi.

Love ya! :) :) ;)

11:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff* I LOVED that story. I imagine we all reach crossroads at several points in our life. It's funny that fate can come in and play a part from time to time - I'm so glad that Joanne Amy came to play (even if morning sickness was involved...I would have thought it was the course content! Math...pfui) because we were all blessed when she came around. Now I feel bad about my rant on Joanne's blog. I'll have to keep my opinions down until I check BOTH blogs. Love you both! And good work getting through those crossroads, momma c. I know your family has had several, but for the external viewers, you seem none the worse for wear now. Love you!

3:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we were very lucky to have you home for us! My memories of eating croissants with bacon and cheese while watching the Flintstones at lunch are great. I didn't know you took an accounting course! Maybe that's why you do such a good job at the tournaments?

4:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home