Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Here I Go Again!!!!!!!

"Innocent Until PROVEN Guilty"...................

I'm not too sure if we should be waiting for an outcome to trials for crimes against children. There seems to be an ever increasing number of crimes against our children ranging from abduction to sexual abuse to pedophilia to murder. It is scary out there. Since when do parents have to walk their children to and from school day in and day out? When did it become unsafe for our kids to walk to school on their own or go to the park or playground without an adult? When did the time come that "Lock-Down" procedures had to be instilled in our schools?

I would like to know why pedophiles (both accused and already or previously convicted) are being let out on bail to await their trials. That is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard of. These people are a danger to our children and they won't stop just because they are out on bail. They continue to offend and often disappear from the authorities. Then they can continue to molest children until they get caught, if they get caught, again and again. We all have either read or heard the statistics on child molesters. They are never rehabilitated! When they are released on parole or from a psychiatric hospital they re-offend, maybe not immediately, but at some point in time they do.

This was brought to my attention today, because of an "Oprah" show. She is going to publish on her website photos of offenders and if you provide a clue to the whereabouts of said sex offender, she is personally offering a $100,000.00 reward. Bravo!! Oprah. It's time we all made it known that the laws MUST be changed in order to protect the children. They are the future and we must make sure that they are kept safe.

Let's take the time to write a letter to our lawmakers DEMANDING the laws be changed. If someone is arrested for a crime against a child DON'T let them out on bail!!!!!!! When these sicko's are convicted lock them up and throw away the key!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, the only problem with this is that with media pressure so high on these cases the police may rush to arrest anyone. Things can get pretty dangerous when you can lock someone up waiting a trial that may take a year or so.

2:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And can we please remember that Oprah is based out of the States? Do you hear about lockdown up here? Oprah needs to make money too, you know...and I wish I could say bravo Oprah, but her airbrushed magazines and her inflated ego are a bit much.

Crimes against children are a terrible thing, and yes, people do have a right to know if the person is released and living in their neighbourhood. Perhaps after release they should have to continue some form of counselling? But you have to remember, all of these resources are strained...remember this when you get your $400 cheque in the mail and ask why health care and education in this province are a travesty.

6:55 p.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

Johnny, yes there are lockdown proceedures in our schools here. Not to the extent that we see from New York or Los Angeles, with metal gates, padlocks etc. but there are proceedures here!

Oh I agree that Oprah is not the be all and end all, but she is doing something to try and get these criminals off the streets. Sure her ego may be inflated, but she has the money to give those kinds of rewards and I commend her for that.

I'm not sure that the research out there agrees that counselling is the answer. I don't think that pedophiles can be cured! And how can we be sure that they will attend thewe sessions?

Really, I was just asking questions and hoping that an answer would come to me. The laws in this country and the U.S. really aren't in favour of the victims, are they?

11:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you're right about the laws in our countries, Momma C. It is really difficult, though. Our countries are really moving towards and trying to maintain a degree of polical correctness. It seems that no matter what you say, you are walking on eggshells. I think that counselling can help...we certainly can not generalise and say it would never work. Once again, though, it comes down to funding, and in a case such as a pedophile, I think taxpayers would prefer to know that their dollars are funding a prison cell for such a person, and not for counselling. And yes, would they attend these sessions? I'm not sure. I'm not sure of how things work when they first get out...whether they are monitored in their homes. It's a tough issue...whenever it's a crime against children or animals, I always want the worst. And yet, against other human beings, I can take it a bit more. Does this make me a bad person? Am I simply a product of over-exposure to violence? Now I'm all pensive.

10:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home