An Error of Comedies..............
Or perhaps an 'Comedy of Errors'. After nearly a month of no new 'Housewives' we had a new one last night. So here is my take on the happenings on Wisteria Lane.......
After Gabrielle plants a long passionate kiss on Tom at a party, from all the former cheerleaders to the 'band geeks', Lynette's reaction is less than understanding. She could not see the kiss as something done in fun. Then she finds out about Gaby's affair with the teenage gardener....and that makes it seem worse. The funniest part in this whole event is when Lynette and Tom are in bed and Lynette explains her feelings on the event to Tom........Tom then thinks that all the 'lonely' women on the street are secretly HOT for him. They are all fantasizing about the 'rippling muscles' under his t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!! All you women out there must have experienced that one!! Men love to fantasize that every woman out there wants him!!!! Anyway, after a couple of talks to Gabrielle about her feelings on the incident, Lynette figures the only way to get Gaby to see her point-of-view is to plant a long passionate kiss on Carlos. So then, Carlos figures Lynette would like to have an affair with him (after Gaby plants the idea that to save their marriage, Carlos should have an affair so he will get over her 'indiscretion'). Lynette is mortified!!!!!! This was truly a great storyline for this show.
Now on to the other major happening on the "Lane".....The mysterious Michael Ironside character sitting in his car outside Betty Applewhite's house. When Betty and Matthew go out, he takes the opportunity to go into the house and look for Caleb. Does anyone else think that he is a 'Bounty Hunter'? After finding Caleb restrained in the basement cell, he tries to take him away. When Caleb won't come up the stairs he heads down, with gun in hand. One of the steps breaks and he falls through and shoots himself and dies right there suspended in the hole he created in the step!!!! Very dramatic!!!! Betty and Matthew come home to find Caleb sitting at the table eating ice cream and pronouncing 'I didn't do it!'. When they find the mystery man hanging out, dead, in the step....Betty announces that after it gets dark 'we'll get rid of the body'!!! This is where the real error of comedies come in.....Matthew and Betty get the body into the trunk of his car, Matthew drops the keys in and Betty slams the trunk closed before Matthew can tell her to STOP. The next day a confrontation between Mike and Paul occurs just as Susan is leaving in her car. Susan rear ends the 'mystery mans' car which of course causes the trunk to pop open and the discovery of the 'BODY'. Betty isn't worried about the discovery until she spots Lynette, Bree, Gabrielle, Susan and Edie discussing the events!!!!
The reason the Mike and Paul were fighting was Paul found out that Zach had gone bowling with Susan, Julie and Mike (when he discovered a scoresheet in Zach's garbage can). When was the last time anyone went bowling and actually kept score on a scoresheet? I think that almost every bowling centre has automatic scorers now!!!!!!!!
For all you 'Houswives' fans this was my take on last nights events!!

1 Comments:
Hooray! Happy New Year to both you and Bruce, Momma C. It's been a while since you heard from me. I didn't have access to a computer for a few weeks there.
Ah the Housewives. I was so happy to see them back in action, and Sunday's episode definitely didn't disappoint. The Lynette/Tom-Gabriell/Carlos storyline had me in absolute stitches. I did think that Lynette overreacted...especially considering she knows how self-centred Gabrielle is. She certainly made her point, though, and Carlos saying "you can't ignore that kind of passion..." - that's hilarious! I'm very interested to see what happens there.
It was very interesting to see that Mike was so willing to allow Susan and Julie to help him see Zack. I would have figured he would still be really sore at Susan. That was quite the twist at the end of the show, though, when it was her accident that uncovered the body. I'm really interested to see what will happen with the Applewhites now. And I'm glad that Edie had a few lines in this one...I really enjoy Nicolette Sheridan.
Finally, there was the whole Andrew VS Bree situation. Naturally I feel some sympathy towards Andrew and his lover, but I'm still quite convinced he's just doing this to hurt his mother. I was quite surprised when Susan's ex-husband slammed him against the wall and essentially told him to back off, though. It seems to be the only threat that intimidates Andrew. I wonder what will happen there now!
Anyway, it looks like we're going to have an interesting second half to season two. And I look forward to your updates when you can write them, Momma C!
Lots of love!
Post a Comment
<< Home