Wrapping Up the Season...
Well I thought I should write in here tonight. Not sure what it is going to say as of yet though! We had our Christmas Turkey Dinner and Gift Exchange on Tuesday evening at Jill and Ryan's. Jill did a GREAT job cooking her first turkey. It was cooked and tasted delicious, as were the sweet potatoes, turnip, mashed potatoes, stuffing, peas and carrots and the apple crisp for dessert. Now, I did say that the turkey was cooked and tasted delicious but the presentation was a little lacking!!!! tehehehehehehehe. Good thing we were not brought up on putting the turkey on a platter and presenting it to the family (as in many American shows and movies!!!), because as it was taken out of the roaster.....it fell apart. That, of course, meant that the bird was cooked. I must say that for her first attempt it was great. I have been known to serve a rather DRY overcooked bird in my day and Jill's bird was neither of those.
I am getting busy preparing my tournament packages for the Youth Scholarship tournament at the end of February. I spent collating and stapling 160 sets of entry forms and getting the envelopes ready tonight. FUN! It's done though and I can finish quickly tomorrow. I think that I am right on top of everything at this point. That's good since I have a trip coming up in the next few weeks.
New Years Eve is going to be quiet, I think. We haven't made any plans. It is nice to just stay home and watch movies or play a game of cards or Yatzee. If I don't get a chance to post again before then.....HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! Please make sure it is a safe one!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home