Saturday, December 31, 2005

Should Old Acquaintances......

Here I am saying goodbye to another year, 2005. It has been a year of change and there have been both good and bad throughout this year.

I turned 50 years old in 2005. Who'd think that I would make it to 50, 11 years ago? I've managed to keep all but 10 pounds of my weight loss off and we are planning on going back on the diet in the New Year!!! (maybe I will have lost those lbs. by the time I go to Chicago!!) Bruce and the girls caught me totally offguard with a surprise party for my Big 5-0. That was fun. We had a great party for Joanne and Eric before they moved to Chicago. That was fun too!!!

There were the sad times, with Joanne and Eric moving away and then when my dad passed away shortly afterwards. Those were very hard weeks for me. Then of course most recently, the loss of my 'Puppy'.

I have managed to get myself back into the world of bowling with a "BANG" this year. I am bowling 2 nights a week and sitting on 2 different associations. That keeps me very busy. I am really looking forward to the end of February and the Youth Scholarship Tournament, to see if all my long hours of work paid off!! I know I did a great job with the 'Grey Cup' Raffle, because I got some great compliments passed along to me. It made me feel good about myself. My bowling is even getting better. Not great, but better. I have had fewer terrible games than last year and my average is up nearly 10 pins. Not like it was in the past though.

I have been working on not being such a procrastinator this year. It is a hard habit to break and it is coming along. I have definitely improved in some areas!!! Other areas, not so good. That is one of my New Years Resolution. To improve on the things I hate doing and get much more organized.

I guess that's about it for this last day of 2005. May all your dreams become reality in the coming year. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it has been a year of change. But change can be a good thing too and maybe gives us motivation to make more positive changes. I think one of the highlights of my year was your party. You're right, there was a time when we didn't know if you would turn 41 let alone 50! It was agreat surprise which I loved and nice to have everyone together for what turned out to be the last time. Another fun time was my Anniversary in Canmore. Trev and I don't spend enough time together ( that's not in front of the TV ) and who would have thought I would go Whitewater rafting? My resolutions this year are to work on my relationships ( husband and family ) and to do more to make myself happy because, most of you don't know, I've spent alot of time pretty depressed this year. So, all of you will be hearing more from me hahaha! Here's to a new year and new beginnings!

2:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home