Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Some Idle Chatter?????

Things are going better the past few days here. I am getting used to not having 'Puppy' here with me. I still get sad and teary-eyed sometimes though. Like today, when I decided it was time to wash the blanket we had wrapped Radar in when we took him to the vet's. There was a tuft of his hair on it and I started to choke up. Then I got Joanne's Christmas card in the mail today and I broke down. Between her saying that she 'missed us sooooo much' and wishing Merry Christmas to us all and included Radar I had a hard time with it. Then tonight I was telling Bruce that we got a card from Joanne and then I could hardly tell him what it said! I had been good since I opened the card from the vet's office on Wednesday that had 'Puppy's' paw-print in it.

I really think that Oscar has been sensing my feelings though. Last night and again this morning he came and curled up with me on the couch, in the crook of my legs, like he did when he was a kitten. He comes and talks to me too! I think that he now realizes that 'Puppy' is gone and has stopped going to the doors. That is a good thing because that was very hard on me the first few days. Soonie seems to be adjusting also. I'm not sure about Clara though, I don't know if she has reacted differently or not. She tends to go and hide a lot.

We were busy over the weekend. We went to a party on Saturday night (a couple who bowls on our Monday league had a Christmas Party). It was a good time. We had a 'gag gift' exchange! On Sunday we went for dinner at Jill and Ryan's. Ryan's parents were here. Hopefully they had a safe trip back to Vancouver today!!

We had a bit of cold weather the last several days. Around the -15 to -22 degrees C range. It is supposed to warm up again tomorrow and last for the next week or so. If we get rain like they said on the news at noon today, we may have a 'BROWN' Christmas! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! As it is right now, the snow barely covers the ground. It's so weird not having a pile of snow at this time of year. Wednesday is the official start of winter and it is supposed to be above zero!!!!!

I guess that's about it for tonight! I should try to get some sleep as I have to get on the ball tomorrow and put up the tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really do not have the Christmas Spirit at all this year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan's parents did get home safe and sound!

6:44 a.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

:(:(:(:( I'm sad now! *Sniff*

8:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're sad that Ryan's parents got home safely?

8:57 p.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

I'm sorry I made you feel sad Joanne. I didn't mean for my posting to be too sad last night.

Love Ya All !!!!! :) :) :)

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

It's okay...I just have lots of tears lately:)

8:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home