Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15/08 Update

Well we had an eventful week this past week. I was at the hospital every morning by 8 am to get bloodwork. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday my counts weren't good enough for stem cell collection and I needed to get platelets. Thursday, we started the collection after more platelets. Friday, I needed to get some blood then they did a collection and then another unit of blood. Yesterday they completed the collection of stem cells. In all 4.2 million stem cells were collected. That is more than enough for a transplant.

Now we are at Monday. I had bloodwork today and my haemoglobin was borderline so I'm off to the hospital again tomorrow of more blood. In the past 12 days I have been to the Cross 9 days and one of those days I had to go back to get typed and cross-matched. After tomorrow, I'm not sure what the plan will be until I go in for my stem cell transplant.

My hair is falling out like crazy now. I suppose I will be bald before too long. I have lots of hats and scarves to cover up with. I haven't practiced with the scarves yet, but surely they can't be too tough to put on.

We had a good day yesterday. Went for dinner at Jen's. Today, Jill and Sadie picked me up at the hospital and we went shopping and then for lunch. Then it was home for a nap. I have been somewhat tired since my collection. I don't think that it's too unusual though. My body's blood volume went through the machine 65 times in the 3 days of collection.

That's about all for this week. I'll keep everyone posted of any new developments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home