Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Our Weekend Project!


This was the long weekend project at our house. New front sidewalk and steps down the hill. The 3 guys sitting on the front steps are from left to right, Joe, Joel and Bruce. These 3 guys did a lot of the work starting on Tuesday with the pick-up of the blocks. Thank goodness Ryan was able to come over yesterday afternoon to give Bruce and Joey a hand as Joel had other plans. This project was completed in just 2 short weeks from the initial discussion as to what to do with our front sidewalk/steps that were in horrendous shape.

Now if you're wondering what we are going to do with the OLD sidewalk.....we are going to take up all the old, broken blocks and make a dry creek bed with river rock. The front steps have already been covered and filled in with dirt that was taken out of the new area! I think it will look good when we get it done.

Now, this week I need to make arrangements to get a couple of trees cut down and some branches trimmed. Once that is done we will be well on our way. We are discussing building a wrap around deck next year. We will definitely start earlier!

My eyes are very heavy so I guess I'm off.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Fun stuff, momma! But if there's a wrap around deck, where will they play the washer game? HAH! I guess if you get the spruce tree cut down, they should have plenty of room.....

10:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The steps look super fantastic! And I didn't even have to do any work :) It's amazing the difference it's made.

6:40 a.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

You left out that Clara was in the picture too! Geez, momma!

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

Well we will have to see about where they will play the washer game, won't we? If we cut down the spruce tree the washers will probably end up in the firepit!!!

9:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After they develop and patent the design for the game they can play it on the front lawn and get lots of customers!
Or, you could make up an obstacle course version !!

6:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home