It Just Doesn't Seem Right!
As we all know over the past few years traffic violation fines have increased by leaps and bounds. Red light fines are nearly $300. Speeding fines in construction zones double. I don't even know what the cost is for speeding is, but I'm sure they are quite hefty.
Tonight I heard something on the news that made me quite angry and wondering where the heads of our lawmakers are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday there was an accident here in the city where a car ran a stop sign and was hit or hit another car. Inside the one vehicle was a young family with a 3 year old and an 18 month old. The youngest child was badly injured because his car seat wasn't properly tethered to the car seat. On the news report they said that the driver of the car could possibly be facing charges for improperly installing the child's car seat. The fine for this....................$115.00.
Now I realize that running red light is very dangerous and speeding and getting into an accident can lead to serious injuries or death. But surly, these traffic violations do not warrant having fines of double or more than having a child seat improperly tethered.
Do you suppose that it is easier to catch a speeder or installing a red light camera, so therefore the municipalities can collect a great deal more money with less work &/or manpower than worrying about child seats?
I think that that is a crime!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home