An Update
Well it's been months and months since I wrote anything here. I figured that maybe I should give you all an update as to what has been going on with me.
I was taken into the hospital on March 17th with the lowest hemoglobin count that most of the doctors and nurses had ever seen. After many tests and about 12 units of blood it was discovered that my 13 year remission of my Hodgkin's Disease was over. I also had a huge infection in my mouth that required almost 3 weeks of I.V. antibiotics and another week of antibiotic pills. I was scheduled for a surgical procedure to remove the dead tissue in my mouth plus look at my sinus passages, lungs etc. When I got to the OR everything got changed and all they did was cut out the dead tissue (about the amount of a medium orange). I still have some tissue in my mouth and I'm not sure what they are going to do about it. I also have some mobility issues that we haven't even started to address at this point.
These days all we have been doing is the treatment of the cancer. I have had 1 cycle of chemo and will have the 2nd cycle starting next week. I go on Friday to have a central line put in. I am getting this to collect stem cells from me because the last part of my treatment is a stem cell transplant. This is quite scary to me as they will have to knock out my immune system before the transplant. Word has it that this procedure is very successful though.
Now for some happier news. I became a grandma on the 5th of February, same date as Jen's B-Day. Jill and Ryan gave me the most beautiful granddaughter Sadie Hali'a Pidcock weighing in at 7 lbs 3 ozs. She is a happy baby and her grandma loves her dearly. She loves music and to be sung to. At 2 1/2 months Sadie rolled over!!! Jill thought it was a fluke, but she did it 3 times in a row. Smart little cookie Sadie is.
That's about it for tonight. I'm sort of tired right now!!!!

3 Comments:
yay, an update!
yay, an update!
YAY! Momma does still love her blog!! Hehe:)
Post a Comment
<< Home