Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Update Week of May 26th......

Thought I would update everyone tonight. I had several appointments this week so far with Dr.'s, nurses and ultrasound. Yesterday I had an appointment with the Ear/Nose/Throat doctor who told me there was nothing more they would be doing for me. Although, I still can't open my mouth very wide and eating can be quite a chore at times! He said that my mouth problem is caused by my lymphoma and would get better with the chemo. I guess we will see........

Today started bright and early with me drinking 3 huge glasses of water in preparation for my pelvic ultrasound @ 8:00 am. Then that wasn't enough and I had to drink 2 more glasses and wait for 40 more minutes. I guess the cyst on my ovary is still there and may need to be followed up again later. Then they whipped me down to the Day Care Unit and up to the Canadian Blood Services room for blood work. After that it was off to the Lab for an ECG and yet another tube of blood to take. I think they took about 10 tubes of blood today. Then it was back to see the transplant nurse for a few minutes. Now as long as they have a bed tomorrow I will be going into the Cross for 3 days to receive my mobility chemo to kick start my Bone Marrow into making stem cells. This chemo will probably cause me to lose my hair in the next couple of weeks. I'm not too worried about it though, just one of those things. Hopefully, everything will go good and theywill be able to start collecting the stem cells in a couple of weeks and then do the transplant sometime the first part of July.

I have enjoyed seeing Joanne the last few days and am sad to see her go home so soon. I
know that this whole thing with me is hard for her being so far away, but Jen and Jill keep her well informed.

That's about it for this week. I will keep everyone informed as soon as I know what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home