Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My Update July 9, 2008

Thought I should do a bit of an update this evening as I have finally have something to say. I was at the hospital today for my weekly bloodwork. The last 3 weeks my blood counts have been pretty good. The haemoglobin has been staying steady at between 111 and 107. Not great for an ordinary person, but wonderful for me. Today I finally remembered to ask about my platelets and they were 173 in the 'normal' range. My doctor had been away and is back now and the discussion with the transplant nurses is that I may be going into the hospital on July 24th. Two weeks from now. I have to go in the 3 days prior to being admitted for an injection of some drug that helps with the mouth sores that the big chemo gives. They are being cautious because of my mouth troubles that I have had and am still having to a certain extent.


I am quite apprehensive about this stem cell transplant as it gets closer to the time. The killing off of my immune system, such as it is, scares the hell out of me. I'm also not looking forward to my long stay in the hospital. That's enough of that talk.


Today Jill, Sadie and I went out shopping for a B-Day gift. It was good. Sadie sat on my lap in the wheelchair and went for rides with Grandma. She loves looking around and smiled at anyone who paid attention to her. She is such a doll. We also had lunch at Gateway before we went shopping. There was so much for the little monkey to see and there were new people to meet. She really is a social little girl. We stopped to pick up a Tim's before coming home. While we were drinking our coffees Sadie was watching and watching. When I was done my coffee I gave her the cup and she was quite happy. I think I should submit this pic to Timmies and Sadie could be the newest Tim's Poster Girl!!!!!

Don't you think she could sell a tonne of coffees???

Not much else going on here. Bruce is pretty busy at work these days. They will be resurfacing the lanes soon and around the first of August they are supposed to start installing the new scoring system. And all this will be going on while I'm in the hospital. GREAT!!!!!!

That's all for now:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home