My Life and its Ramblings!
Today I thought I would write a bit about what's going on in my life. I have gotten a certain excitement going on right now. I was asked to attend the Edmonton Youth Tenpin meeting on Saturday and I have joined their Board of Directors. Each year the Edmonton Youth Bowling Association hosts a Scholarship tournament that is open to any or all youth bowlers who are members of YBC or CTF. This has been going on for many years, started by the Lynnwood Youth Association (my old bowling centre). I have taken on the position of Tournament Director! This is quite exciting for me as it is something I am capable of doing and also new to me. We have bowlers from all over Alberta, some from Saskatchewan and British Columbia and this year we are expecting bowlers from Quebec. How exciting!! It is also a different sort of tournament because it is open to anyone wishing to participate. There is no qualifying and it has both scratch and handicap divisions. This will keep me quite busy for the next 6 months or so.
Along with this new job of mine, I am also the league secretary for the Thursday league, doing the "Grey Cup Raffle" with the Edmonton Tenpin Association and run pot games on Bruce's Tuesday night league. I am still a bit disorganized with all the papers that I have all over the place, but it is coming along and everything is almost put in binders and sorted out. I am meeting with the previous tournament chair on Wednesday evening to go through what needs to be done etc. and pick up all the paperwork from previous events. The next week or so I'll be busy going through that and getting myself orientated with stuff.
The "critters" are all doing relatively well. Oscar has been particularly affectionate lately. Right now he is sitting on the chair next to mine while I'm on the computer. He did the same thing last night!! He has also been coming to me for "pats". He loves to have his back scratched and he does this funny little "lip licking" thing when I scratch his backbone. He is also very purry!!!! Clara is still enjoying the outdoors as the weather is not too cold. She does come in at night though. Soonie has taken a liking to Bruce as of late. She likes to go sit with him when he's watching tv. I call him her new "boyfriend". Radar is doing pretty good, though he is still losing his hair. He is getting slower too. But he seems relatively free of any pain and is quite happy. It's hard trying not to scare him when we come home or if he's sleeping and you happen to touch him, he really jumps. I worry that we may give him a heart attack!!! Puppy has also taken a shine to Bruce and Bruce to puppy. Everyone used to think that I spoiled Puppy, but you ain't seen nothing until you see Bruce. He is far worse than me. He feels guilty when we aren't home for supper and has to find something to "share" with Puppy when he comes home!!!!!
That's about it for now.

4 Comments:
Congrats on being tournament director! Have fun:):):):):)
Wow! Momma C is going to be a busy bee! Does this mean we're going to have less posts? *sniff* Oh well. You'll do a great job, Momma C - you'll keep the rest of them organised. It's just getting yourself organised at the start that's the challenge. It actually made me think about something! I always really liked your handwriting...I always thought neat handwriting meant an organised person. I've learned, though, over the years that it's not always so. Either way, knock 'em dead, Momma C!
Johnny, Does that mean that you know how truly unorganized I really am???? But then again we are both "Mother Theresas" aren't we?
Even though you may be disorganized in some ways, you have always been good with the tournament stuff. And you did manage to raise three daughters who were always busy! You will do a great job as always! Have fun!!
Post a Comment
<< Home