Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Most Unusual Occurrence

The most unusual thing happened this morning as I laid on the couch watching t.v. I felt some movement of the blanket and actually thought it was my imagination. A couple of minutes later.....Oscar jumped up on the arm of the couch. He sort of sniffed around for a bit and then ventured onto my legs. More sniffing around until he curled up in the crook of my legs. He hasn't done that since he was a kitten. He stayed there, purring contently, for about half an hour!!!! He comes over to me quite often to get his back scratched and sometimes he even sits up on the arm of the couch beside me, but this is the first time he has actually come and sat with me since he was a baby and we were still in Calgary and came for a visit. Most of the time he comes near me on the couch is to lick my hair and tell me to get him some food.

Oscar seems to be doing good. He is eating his prescription food much better and hasn't been asking for the dry food as much! I think that he knows that he can have some of the dry now and I leave just a tiny bit in his dish for him. He even eats the wet food when I crush his pill into the gravy.

Puppy seems a bit different the past couple of days. He went out in the backyard yesterday afternoon. I think that he stayed out too long and got cold! He loves the snow and I think he just forgot how cold it is out there. I left him out for about 10 minutes or so and when he hadn't YIPPED to come in, I went to check on him and he was sitting on the deck about 4 feet from the door, shivering. I think that his feet were freezing and he had a hard time getting up the 2 steps. I didn't let him out at all during the night and I don't know if Bruce did. He's gone out a couple of times this morning so I hope that he is okay.

Clara is quite angry at the change in weather!! She hates having to stay in the house most of the time. I let her out yesterday afternoon and forgot about her for an hour. She at least goes and find some shelter in the garage. She let me know she was pi$$ed at me though. Soonie is always the same. As long as she is feeling well nothing changes with her. She comes for her attention and wants to be fed. She sleeps and sometimes she will sit on the back of the chair and look out the window or poke her head through the blinds on the patio doors to see what's happening in the backyard.

Not much else to report from here. Tonight is my Edmonton 10 pin meeting at Red's. I hate driving there, especially in the bad weather. I think that it is supposed to warm up somewhat over the next few days. That's good because it has been very cold. It's hard to take when we were having record breaking warm weather just 2 weeks ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I am so jealous that Oscar slept with you! I guess he would sleep on the bed with me if he was in the room, but that's not the same as sleeping in the crook of your legs. I'm happy that he's becoming affectionate though!!!!

10:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home