Our Poor Puppy!!!
Well today hasn't gone much better for 'Puppy'. He seems to sleep almost all the time. He did go outdoors a few times today and did manage to go up and down the front steps. He isn't eating though! Last night I put out 1 pouch of food and he took a few bites. Tonight when I was preparing supper he didn't even venture out to the kitchen to see what I was doing. He usually comes when I am cutting vegetables and loves raw peppers, not tonight! I cooked supper and we ate. Puppy did not stir from his spot in the front entrance. This has both Bruce and I quite concerned. He finally stirred a bit and Bruce put his plate down in front of him and he ate the bit of meat that was there. He got up and sat by me while I finished my dinner and let him have some meat from my plate and he ate that too. Then he went to the door to go outside. Bruce opened the door and accidently hit Puppy and he fell down and wouldn't get back up for about 45 minutes. He did eventually go outside for a bit and when he came in he had a good drink of water. So I thought I should give him some food and opened 1 can of 'Ceasars' (up until Tuesday, he was eating 2 cans or pouches each night) and he didn't touch it. I even offered him some of Clara's food and he just walked away. It's such an awful feeling. When he didn't come to the table during our dinner I started feeling sick to my stomach and got quite nauseous. For all of you who know Radar, this will tell you exactly how much he is not himself......He let me cut his nails tonight!!!!!!
I just can't believe that he has gone down so quickly this week. It was just this past weekend that he was going to Bruce and then to me and then back to Bruce and under the table and looking up through the glass at us while we were eating. It really makes me cry, he is such a good puppy and we love him so much!

Boy what I'd give to have another picture taken like this one!!!! He hasn't been able to get up on the couch for months now!!

2 Comments:
Poor Puppy. I hope that he feels better soon. :(
I don't know....he had trouble making it up the back steps this morning. Then later he went out front and was fine getting up the front steps. He still isn't eating and is sleeping lots. When he does realize that you are there he lifts his head and wags his tail a bit. I sure have a tough time keeping the tears away.
Oscar goes to the vet again on Wednesday for urinalysis and then we will see what to do from there.
ps here's a good 'canadian' word verification...zdwerd
Post a Comment
<< Home