Saturday, January 14, 2006

This Time Next Week.....

This time next week I'll be in Chicago with Joanne and Eric. I am really looking forward to seeing them both. I'm not sure what to expect though. Apparently things haven't been going very well on the homefront for Joanne. I sure hope that it is not taking a toll on her relationship with Eric!!!! I was in Chicago once before.....well at least in O'Hare airport!!! I had to change planes there when I went to Milwaukee about 10 years ago. Now there is a city I would rather never visit again. I had the worst experience there with a taxi driver. I had traveled from Toronto that day and was tired and just wanted to get to the hotel I was staying. They had a shuttle but because I was tired, I decided on taking a cab to the hotel. That is where I was treated like an idiot. Now I understand why, but at the time it was very humiliating and it really wasn't my fault. The cab driver did not want to take me to the hotel. He was very rude and was very prejudicial toward Canadian women. But, I can be very stubborn and refused to be treated that way and made him lose his place in the que and take me to my hotel. Neither he nor the person at the information desk told me that the hotel was only 5 minutes away from the airport. Had one of them mentioned this little fact, I would have opted for the 'free' shuttle service!!!! I was so angry with the taxi driver when I got to the hotel that I was soooooo tempted to pay him in LOONIES!!!! I took my suitcase and thanked him for 'making my first impression of Milwaukee so WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!'. At least I won't have to worry about that next week as Joanne is picking me up from the airport! It will be an experience for her as she has never gone there on her own before.

Has anyone caught the new NBC series 'The Book of Daniel'? I caught the second hour last week and watched it again tonight. I think that it is NBC's answer to "Desperate Housewives'. Anyway, Daniel is an Episcopalian priest that has a VERY disfunctional family. His wife comes from a wealthy family, she has issues with her mother. Daniels father is the Bishop and his mother has Alzheimers. He has 3 children an Asian son Adam, a gay son Peter and a pot selling daughter Grace. His wife's sister was recently widowed (her husband stole 3 million dollars from the church that was slated to build a new school before he died in a car accident, I think). She is now having a lesbian relationship with her husband's secretary, who at the end of tonight's episode ran off with all of her jewelry! (leaving a lipstick written note on the living room mirror saying ' I will always love you and I'll be back!). The 3 million dollars was found my the Mafia and they will only return the money to the church if Daniel agrees to use their construction company to build the school. Daniel, as he puts it, made a deal with La Costra Nostra!!! Daniel is also addicted to 'Canadian Headache Pills', we know them as Tylenol 1's, as they have a 'little codeine in them'. If you get a chance, tune in as it is quite amusing. There are many more twists and turns to the plotlines. I don't want to give away too much.

I guess that's about it from me tonight. I hope that all is well with everyone out there in 'blogdom'. Catch you all later!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home