Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm Baaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I arrived home safe and sound last night at around 10:30 pm. There were no unusual happenings on my trip home except that I almost forgot to get my duty free cigarettes. I know that you will all be saying that I should have just forgotten them, but after what I had to do to get them, when I realized I had forgotten to pick them up at the gate, I was pi$$ed at myself! Thank-you to the kind baggage handler at O'Hare that ran back in and picked them up for me.

The trip to Chicago was rather eventful. First off as I went into the holding room a security guard asked me if I had any cigarette lighters? I had made sure not to have one in my purse, but had put a brand new mini bic in the suitcase. NOTE TO ALL TRAVELERS IN THE FUTURE*****NO LIGHTERS ARE ALLOWED AND THEY CAN FIND THEM WITH THE X-RAY MACHINES!!! Then when I went through the immigration desk the officer asked where and why I was going. After telling him that I was going to Chicago to visit my daughter, he asked me to bring my bags and follow him. He then lead me to a separate section and told me to leave my bags outside and sit in this room and someone would call me. I thought I was going to be strip searched, or interrogated or even told that I could not go!! All that happened was my bags were put through a x-ray machine with me present and then the officer looked through by carry-on. On arrival at O'Hare it took an hour for the baggage to be unloaded and put on the carousel. By the time we left the airport the rain that was falling had turned into a fine snowstorm. Thank God, Joanne knew the roads near the house because I couldn't see past the front of her car.

I had a wonderful visit with Joanne and Eric. It was great to see them as I miss them both terribly here. I don't know how much to say here, other than it was rather interesting and I know first hand why my baby girl is so unhappy with her living situation. Joanne does seem to love her job and talks quite a lot about 'her babies'. Eric is working at the music store and teaching loads of lessons. He goes to Bowling Green for an audition on the 25th of this month. Everyone keep you fingers and toes crossed that he is accepted there. It will be so much better for them to get a place and get planning for the rest of their lives!!!

That's about all for right now. I will post a few pictures later. I have some errands to run and must get a few groceries this afternoon.

Until later....................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home