A Rather Interesting Day.......
After my posting this morning, I decided to go back and lay down for a bit. I got up again at 10:00am and decided I had better get busy with the things I needed to get done before heading out around 2:30 this afternoon. As usual, my first stop is to check my e-mail. There were the usual SPAM messages and a couple of things from friends etc. Then there was one with the subject title 'Junior bowler/Montreal'. I opened it up to find a message from a father asking about the Youth Scholarship Tournament. He said his son Raymond was turning 17 in March 3 and is a very enthusiastic 10 pin bowler. He had come to Edmonton last spring for the YBC nationals and they had just heard about our tournament and needed some help with accommodations and transportation to the tournament and to and from the airport. I immediately got on the phone to Aicha and she ended up calling the dad and I e-mailed him a couple of times also. After that, his main concern was getting his son a flight to Edmonton and back on such short notice. By the time I arrived home this evening (from bowling) he had a flight and we now have 5 bowlers from Quebec coming for our tournament this year. Kind of exciting!!!!
Our team was 'skunked' tonight at bowling. I had my best night of the year, but we couldn't manage to get a point. Oh well!!! Ce la vie!!! We were done bowling early as our opposition all pre-bowled. That was nice because it is bloody freezing out. The expected low tonight is -31 C, then it is supposed to warm up to -11 C tomorrow and be on the + side by Sunday.
Well that's about all for tonight. How lucky you are to get 2 posts in one day from me!! tehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home