Monday, February 27, 2006

What a Weekend!!!!!

Well, it's over except for the final reports the and awarding of Scholarships. It was a very long 3 days with very little sleep. It think that the tournament committee were all running on pure adrenaline by yesterday afternoon. The tournament was a rousing success, if I may say so myself. There were a record number of bowlers and entries. We had a total of 570 bowlers bowling in 8 shifts of 3 games each which equals a total of 1710 games bowled in 2 days. There were also 74 bowlers who participated in the Skills Competition which is a competition that gets the bowlers to try to make spare shots (in 2 different categories, bowlers with 160 average and lower and bowlers with 161 average and higher). I don't quite know exactly how many individual bowlers were there but there were between 130 and 140.

Bruce and his crew did an outstanding job with the lanes and machines. There were only a few minor problems and the scores were great. We even had a near perfect game. One of the boys from Quebec had a 298. There was also an 801 triple bowled by a boy from Calgary.

I am totally exhausted today. I've done a bit of work on the tournament stuff, but I'm really too tired to do much more today. I still have to go and try to bowl tonight!!!! I think that's about all for now. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive after a VERY BUSY, but REWARDING weekend.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay the Momma!
Guess who?

7:18 p.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

Jill!!!!

10:40 p.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

John!!

8:20 p.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

It has to be Jill as that is what she says when I get a strike at bowling!!!!!

11:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't trick you!

5:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go momma! Knew you would do a great job! hopefully talk to you this weekend!

3:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home