Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What A Great ?????? Day

Well, it seems that winter is now really upon us. It snowed ALL DAY today and the roads are horrific!!!!! I should have just stayed home in my warm house tonight. I didn't have too much trouble out there, but there were several things that just did not make it a nice drive to the bowling centre this evening.

Luckily, the traffic wasn't too bad as a lot of people had the day off today for the Remembrance Day holiday. Lately, 50th street is a nightmare and today was NO exception. At the switching yard railway crossing, the lights were flashing and the barriers were down.....But NO Train!!!! That meant that the 4 lanes of traffic had to converge to the centre lanes and go around the barriers. Of course, there are the few a$$holes that think that they should be at the head of the lineup and just keep going until they have to pull over. These are the type of drivers that I just can't stand. Then, if you don't let them cut in front of you, they think you're the a$$hole. Well guys....................take a good look in the mirror. We all had to be in that line of cars before we had our chance to pull over!!!!!

Then there are all the drivers in pick-up trucks and SUV's. I swear, they ALL think they own the roads. Most of them are so ignorant and only care about themselves and how quick they can get to their destination. There was a semi that was turning the corner in the new industrial area on 50th street (where Alberta Transportation used to be), that hit a vehicle turning out of there. So all the curb lane traffic had to swing out a bit to go around the back end of his trailer. This idiot in a SUV decided that I didn't need all of my lane to do that and almost took my side with him.

Lastly, you all know how much I LOVE ???????? cyclists.....well I LOVE them even LESS in the snowy road conditions we have out right now. Anyone who ride a bike on major roadways when the weather is soooooo crappy are destined to be tomorrow's news. This idiot I had to go around tonight was carrying 2 large garbage bags, probably filled with cans and bottles. How absolutely STUPID!!!!

So, that was what it was like for me today on the roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home