I'm Still Alive, Really and Surviving The Heat!!!!
It's been such a long time since I posted here, that I suppose you thought I'd forgotten about my Blog. Well, I hadn't. I just didn't have anything exciting to write about. I still don't, really but thought I should post an update anyway.
After the end of the Canadian Youth Championships I took a rest from most things as I was exhausted. I was finished with that, but I was looking after the Buckshot Tournament for Bruce on Monday evenings. That ran until July 9th. Bruce kind of wanted to continue them through the summer, but I needed a break from the 'bowling scene' for a while. There is just over a month until the season begins again and I have a couple of meetings in August and the Edmonton 10 pin is looking after a casino for the AB 10 near the end of August as well. There doesn't seem to be much of a break this year.
Bruce and I were hoping to get away for a week or so, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards right now. There has been talk for the last year (???????) about getting a new scoring system in at Gateway and that really puts the kibosh on making any plans as Bruce hasn't heard if it is going in or not. I wish that they would PI$$ or get of the pot and make a decision one way or the other. It would be nice to get away for a few days at least.
It was wonderful having Joanne and Eric here for nearly 2 weeks. Just like old times with them here in the house. I was sad to see them go home again :(
It had been so friggin' HOT here the last couple of weeks. We had many days of 30+ C temperatures and quite a bit of HUMIDITY. Surprisingly though, there were very few thunderstorms. The storms managed to steer clear of the city and mainly hit in the west and northern areas of the province. I went out tonight to get a Tim's and was going to sit out on the back deck and drink it. As I pulled into the driveway, it started to rain. Soooooo, I had to drink it inside :( It's so nice outside in the evening and nights.
I was on the 'net this evening and thinking that I would join the 'facebook' revolution. So far I haven't done anything but maybe I will soon. I haven't even figured out how to look at anyone's facebook yet. I tried to register and ran into a roadblock with my e-mail account so I set up a yahoo account. So if anyone wants to send me an e-mail that will just come to me, my e-mail address is chriscarson_13@yahoo.ca.
Not too much else to report. The puddy tats are managing to survive the heat. You will find them sprawled out in unusual spots in the house trying to keep cool. Clara, of course, stays outside as much as she possibly can. She is still terrified of the ceiling fans and hates that they are on constanly these days. Soonie just eats and sleeps most of the time. She loves to come a cuddle with either me or Bruce too. Oscar is as stand-offish as always. He managed to scare himself pretty badly last weekend. If we don't close the backdoor completely when we come in, he can push it open. He did this last Saturday and then tried to get back into the house. His little legs/paws couldn't get the door open enough to get in and got extremely frightened. He let out this horrid CRY and I looked out and saw him outside. I went to let him in and had a great laugh, as he was twice his normal size as his hair was sticking out all over.
I suppose I've rambled on for quite long enough tonight. Must be just about time to sleep! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home