Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm A Bad Updater These Days!!??!!

Taking a kick in the BUTT from my daughter........I decided that I should do an update here as it's been quite a while. I have been busy though and SICK!!!! My cold turned into sort of a flu with a headache and last Monday I had a very upset stomach. I'm feeling much better now, although my sinuses are still plugged up from time to time. I'm thinking it could be the really DRY weather we are having now!!!!

Let's see....................what have I/we been up to???????

Gateway had their 2 Christmas parties 2 weeks ago. The first one was on Wednesday, January 10th. It was for the managers and spouses. We were taken to 'Jubilations' Dinner Theatre. We were all taken on a mini bus LIMO and returned the same way. That was good because we had just had a 'BLIZZARD'. The show was "The Gerry Steinfeld Show". It was good and so was dinner. The second party was on Sunday the 14th at Gateway for all the staff. It was okay. We had dinner and then there were a few door prizes handed out and then there was a hypnotist. I wasn't too keen on staying, but Bruce wanted to so we stayed. It was okay until he got a little too 'RAUNCHY' for my liking. I think that it is because I'm a MOM and the people who were hypnostized were my children's age or younger and I didn't like the questions that were asked. I would have been much happier going home and watch Desperate Housewives!!!!

I've also been VERY busy getting ready for the Youth Scholarship Tournament, which is just a month away!! I've sent out all the packages, had a couple of meetings and just been getting all the stuff done. I'm a little nervous this year as the past chairperson is going to be away this year and she did a spreadsheet tracking all the shifts etc. on Excell. I have done a bit with it, but I'm not familiar at all with the whole thing. I finally decided to get Microsoft Office and installed in on my laptop last week. I am going to work the Edmonton All Events Tournament the weekend before and I can practice a bit during that as she uses the same program. I'm sure that all will go okay, it's just my nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce has had quite a tough couple of weeks at work. The night of the manager's party we were waiting to go when one of his chasers came to tell him that the 'Kegel' (the lane dressing machine) wouldn't work. Needless to say.....STRESSED OUT Bruce!!!! It was some sort of computer card that needed replacing and he had to get it flown in from Florida. The next day, he had to dress the lanes by hand. The poor YBC kids didn't get any oil on their lanes on Saturday as the card didn't come in on Friday as expected. It finally arrived Monday and all is well again, at least in that area. Last night he was STRESSED again. He found out that the bowling counter was taking one of his pinchasers for a daytime shift. He was FUMING. He ha just enough staff right now to cover all the shifts and all this chasers are working full-time hours. I guess we'll see what transpires.

The pussy cats are all doing quite well. Clara is happier these days as the weather is warmer and she can go outside for more than a few minutes. Yesterday she was out for an hour and a half!!!!! Oscar is getting more and more cuddly with me. Yesterday morning he was laying with me and somehow got he's claw caught in my ring. That was fun!!!! NOT!! I couldn't move fast enough to try and help him and he couldn't get unstuck. Finally he managed to let go and was okay. I was worried that he might have injured himself pulling. He's not too good at getting himself unstuck when he gets his claws in something. Bassoon is the same as always. She sleeps 99% of the day and eats the other 1%.

That's all I can think of right now, so I'll close. Hopefully, I won't be so bad at posting!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home