Story Of An Empty Nest Momma
I thought I would tell you a little story about what happens when you are the Momma of an "Empty Nest".

Usually it is quite quiet around the house. Even when Bruce is home, you find him in this position. Sometimes with one of the animals close by. Bruce is even Puppy's almost favorite person (I think that I still hold that position with Puppy though!!).
Most of the time during the day the critters are sleeping in various spots of the house. Puppy doesn't get up on the couch with me or any of the cats anymore. He tried to last week, but it is just too hard for an old pup!. So it's nice to have this picture to remember him doing that.Most days Oscar will climb into his cozy little bed and curl up for an afternoon nap. Some days he finds some other spot in the house to have his naps. I don't even know where is "secret spots" are!!!!
The other cats, Clara and Soonie quite often spend their afternoons sleeping on the bed in the bedroom. Not always together though!!! Clara is outside as much as she possibly can.
So it goes.....all the critters sleeping in their favorite spots (this is one of Radar's favorite sleeping spots, the front entrance). Bruce is at work and I am puttering around the house getting ready to go bowling. All of the sudden there is a "HELLO" by a deep voice coming from the living room. Not being used to any other noises, except for the T.V., I almost had a heart attack!!!!!!! It was Bruce. He had come home, after dropping one of his co-workers off to pick up their car, to change his shirt and pick me up so I didn't have to drive to Gateway on my own. It was a nice change not to have to go there alone, but I sure had a FRIGHT!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:
You might have to highlight some of the empty spots in the txt paragraphs.....I have some trouble with disappearing text on my blog!!
It worked fine when I looked at it:):):):):) Nice story!!!
Oh Momma C - don't feel bad! I was the voice in somebody else's house just yesterday! In my apartment building, one elevator has a habit of stopping on the 32nd floor even if the button isn't pushed. Since I live on the 33rd floor, it's hard to really notice. Yesterday, I had my full laundry basket with me so i wasn't watching the numbers. So I wound up getting off of the elevator and going to apartment 3219 instead of 3319. I opened the door, dropped my laundry out of shock, and exclaimed, "Oh S***!" A very nice lady came out of the bedroom and screamed. I had to apologise profusely for about 5 minutes and explain to her what happened. She was very good about it and we had a good laugh afterwards, but she made sure to lock the door when I left! Oops!
John,
That certainly would be embarrassing!!!!!!!!!! But it sure made me laugh. Hope that you are getting settled in Calgary and enjoying U of C.
That is a great picture of Bruce and Oscer. Cute storey too but I have to say it didn't make me laugh like Johns did. That is way too funny.
I agree with you Julia, my story was not nearly as funny as Johns was. I was just passing along what it is like around here with my "empty nest" thingy.
Post a Comment
<< Home