Wednesday, September 14, 2005

AAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So today I decided to be a good S.O. (significant other) and make Bruce one of his favourites for supper (dinner) tonight, spaghetti and meatballs. I remembered that I used the last of the eggs on Sunday when I made another of his favourites, pancakes. Of course I had to go to the grocery store and decided to just run over to Safeway rather than heading to Sherwood Park to Save On (where I prefer to shop!!). The weather here has not been good this week. It has definitely been feeling fallish (cold and sort of rainy) and after not really having a nice summer, I was mortified to look up in the Safeway parking lot to see a
GIANT SANTA CLAUS
balloon on top of the building!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine, it is only September 14th (only 9 days until Joanne's birthday). What happened to Thanksgiving or Halloween???? It just doesn't seem right to me at all. Aren't we rushing the season just a bit???? Then in the mail today was a Christmas catalogue from LL Bean. I think that the retailers are all NUTS. I am still hopeful for some nice weather. maybe a relatively warm evening that we could enjoy just one more fire in the firepit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I can't believe that there is a GIANT SANTA CLAUS on top of Safeway's roof.......that's just wrong.
And, I can't believe that you made spaghetti and meatballs.....

Sigh.....

I miss your cooking:)

And there is still a great bit empty space at the top of your blog:)

9:18 p.m.  
Blogger Momma C said...

I actually think that the Santa was on top of the Mall and not directly over Safeway. I don't know why there is that big empty space there. It's gotta be the ghost haunting my blog. I wonder if I changed the template would help at all????

I also have trouble with the word verification thing. #2 try

10:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa already, I guess I haven't been to mom and dads since Sunday. That's just wrong.

10:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home