Why The Name "Empty Nest Momma"
This is my fourth and final attempt to finish this posting. Everytime I try to spell check, I lose the last couple of paragraphs. ERGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
Slowly but surely I am getting this thing called a blog figured out. Originally I started it out as sort of a therapeutic thing. Then I decided to not be overly negative and try to be creative, thus my 2 picture stories and thoughts on various subjects. It is much less depressing to write a fun piece, rather than rambling on about my rather unexciting life.
So, why the name "Empty Nest Momma"???? After leaving my family for 6 years and moving to Calgary, circumstances changed and we decided to come back to my home in Edmonton. To be closer to my family. For a year the house was full of 4 adults, 1 very old puppy and 3 cats. Then Joanne and Eric moved to Chicago. It is amazing how 2 people leaving can make such a change in ones home. It feels quite empty. I still have the very old and deaf puppy and 3 cats (one of which I am only a temporary guardian to). There are lots of times that it is very quiet around here with no one to talk to.
I'm working on a rather large (and sort of a secret) project right now. It can take several hours of my time each day (if I let it). I think that it will be appreciated when I finish. So girls, don't forget the tasks I gave each of you!!!!!!!!!
Tonight we start back on our fall and winter schedule. Bowling leagues 3 nights a week and Ten Pin meetings once a month. The weeknight evenings will be full from now until the end of April. I guess that's okay as long as there isn't a problem every night I'm out with the animals. I worry about Radar (the old, deaf puppy) when I'm gone for several hours. Even though he has gone outside several times during the day, he has been leaving me little "surprises" in the basement. One time it was in the bathroom, so I don't mind the basement as much. Yesterday I spent some time scrubbing down the basement floor with bleach and detergent. FUN!!! Then there is "supper time" when I get home. Mostly it's Oscar telling me he's hungry. Radar gets into it too and it's a race to get their food out for them. It's not like I don't leave them something to eat when I go out, but you would think that they hadn't been fed in days. I have Bassoon (Soonie) looking pretty good these days. I have spent the last 3 or 4 weeks brushing her every day. I have probably brushed enough fur from her to knit a sweater for Puppy! ( if only I knew how to spin it into wool and perhaps how to knit??????). Clara rarely comes around for attention. She spends 90% of her time outdoors. That will end soon enough when the snow flies. YUK!!!!!
I guess it really isn't that "Empty" of a nest here. It just feels like it sometimes.
I am thinking of doing a pictorial story on the critters in the next week or so. What are your thoughts?????

5 Comments:
I am very intrigued about this "project"...and I have finally cleared speace in our bedroom so we can hook up the scanner, and then I can send you the pics that you want, finally:) I'll have to get somebody to take some photos of Eric and me with the didgeridoos, though....but that's good because I can finish off the roll of film in my camera and then get three rolls of film developed at last!!!
PS: Did you see my post about shopping???
Oh yeah, and this morning I was watching Dawson's Creek on the superstation, and it totally reminded me of when I used to watch it at home in the mornings while waiting for the sub system to call me!!! (You were always sleeping on the couch...that's why I'm writing this...it reminded me of you *sniff*:)
Yes Joanne, I read your post about shopping!!! I am probably your #1 reader and checker of your blog. Did you go looking for your shoes yet????
There are lots of things that remind me of the two of you each and every day!
Love ya Baby Girl!!!!!
I kind of looked at shoes yesterday because we were out looking for shoes for Eric.......but as usual, they had nothing that I wanted, not in my size, anyhow. I did find a pair that would have been perfect for our wedding though...I shook my fist at them!! ANGER!!!!
I'm trying really hard to complete the mission you have sent me on, but alas I can't find the dang pictures! I will continue my search tonight!
Post a Comment
<< Home