I Finally Got It and a Lot of Bit**ing!!
Well after nearly a week of going over the financials for our Thursday league, I finally got it figured out!!! I'm so happy with myself!!! I certainly hope that the rest of the season goes more smoothly. Now that I know what to look for and where to look and have asked lots of questions, I'm hoping that everyone will be a bit more careful on what goes into the cash register at the bowling centre.
I have come to the conclusion that there are people in this world that can never be happy. Last night during Bruce's bowling league, he had a disagreement with the bowler he was bowling against and it caused quite a stir in the centre. I missed the whole thing because I went outside for a smoke break and when I came back in I was busy doing the pot game. I had noticed that the other bowler was not very friendly during the games, but didn't think too much about it. He accused Bruce of setting the shot up for himself... Funny thing though, Bruce doesn't have the high average, series or even single in the league. He definitely doesn't have the highest average for a lefty. So after this guy abused Bruce, he told him to shut the f**k up and bowl. Another bowler on the next pair of lanes heard this and went after Bruce. It came close to a real fight I guess. Now Bruce is considering quitting bowling! I hate it! I can't understand why a lot of these bowlers don't realize that Bruce doesn't do things at the centre for himself, but for the betterment of the game and the other bowlers. If he did everything for himself then he could win all the tournaments, awards etc. The best part of this whole thing is that he has been doing a special lane dressing for this guy as a favour. Guess what???? No more favours.
I am quite angry with the events of last night. Bruce has finally gotten me back into bowling again and he is thinking about quitting! I think that the most hurtful thing that was said was " Why don't you go back to Medicine Hat, or wherever you came from?"
I even feel like quitting doing the pot games for that league. I spend quite a bit of time doing it each Tuesday. I run around during the league collecting the money, getting all the scores and doing all the tallying and pay-outs. There are lots of weeks that I hold on to someone's money because they didn't want to wait around until everyone was done. I have also tracked all the score this year and decide to run a second pot for the handicapped side. Now, because of this I feel like saying you guys do it yourself, I'm just here to watch.
Bowling mechanics are not well liked by the regular customers. It's always their fault that the bowler bowls bad. The shot changed, the machines broke down, your dressing the lanes for yourself. These so-called knowledgeable bowlers, can't figure out that the weather change, humidity change or even themselves can affect the conditions of the lanes. If they bowl good, it's all their so-called 'talent' and 'ability'. If they bowl bad it all the lanes and the mechanic's fault. I wonder if the baseball player who didn't hit that homerun in the bottom of the ninth to win the game blames the pitcher who struck him out or the the field maintenance people for whatever reason they can come up with? Maybe it was the umpire's fault that he swung at a pitch and missed!!!
Anyway that's enough bitc*ing for tonight! On a happier note, Joanne got a job teaching preschool in the Chicago area. She is very happy after her first day. She says that it was the most welcomed she has ever felt at a new job! I'm glad. I was getting worried that she was bored and not that happy there!

4 Comments:
I must say, I'm a little offended that you phrased them as "bowlers". Actually it's those dang ten-pinners that blame in on the lane conditions. Us five-pinners know when we're bowling sh*@tty, and blame ourselves!
2Q's...
Yah yah I know that!!!! I really think that it's funny that I have everyone checking for 'Q's in the word verification now. 'Blogger Ghost' knows when I am writing a comment because there haven't been any for a while!
Love ya! :) :) ;)
Ah dear...isn't it always the way? There are always a couple of bad apples who spoil the fun for everyone. Well, here's what I think. I'm, of course, not all that savvy with the bowling world, but it is obvious that here, as in all other areas, there are your die-hards who would sooner place the blame for their failure on others. Naturally, the mechanic/the lanes will be blamed, and it puts Bruce in a tough position. The best thing for Bruce to do is to keep bowling, I think. This will blow over, and there is no reason to give up a hobby that he, and you, love so much. Better to go back and hold your head high and be the better people, you know? Show them what courtesy is by being decent, but don't do this bloke any more favours. He obviously does not appreciate them.
Don't be too disheartened. Everywhere you go, you will encounter people like this. The best thing to do is rise above it and still enjoy your hobby, and your job. At least you both have made a job of something you enjoy - I doubt that this bloke can say that, otherwise he wouldn't have to vent his frustrations on everybody else. What a sad case!
By the way, Momma C, thanks for the words of caution about the chinooks. I'm trying very hard to watch out for my health - and the chinooks are just vicious. People here are sick all the time. Love you much! OH! And I have a q as well!
I have no idea who the last comment is from or what it means!!
I just had to write something here because there is a 'q' in the word verification for the first time in a while for me at least!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home