Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Case of Sibling Rivalry?????


I thought that I would share with you a little story about two little kittens who have a severe case of sibling rivalry lately. They are Oscar and Soonie. Now, I realize that technically they are not siblings. But since I adopted Soonie and I guess you could call me Oscie's foster mommy, then that would kinda make them sister and brother (in a round about way). Have I totally gotten you confused???? NO???? Then on with my story......

On Thanksgiving weekend I took off the sheet that was covering my black Ikea chair to wash it and get rid of the mountain of orange cat hair. Ever since then, both Bassoon and Oscar have been fighting over which one was going to sleep in it. It's quite hilarious sometimes, especially when I'm sitting on the couch watching T.V. and Soonie is sitting on the chair. She gets this look on her face as if maybe she should come and cuddle with me. Then she seems to realize that if she gets off the chair, she will lose it to Oscar!!!! I sometimes think that Oscar just sleeps there to torment Bassoon. Then when he wants the chair and Soonie is sleeping there he either goes and bugs her or he climbs up on the arm of the sofa and sleeps there or he climbs into his little bed.

Well, last night I was on the computer and went to the living room to get my glass of water and there was the cutest thing you have ever seen in your life....................




I just had to run and get my camera to get a shot of the two of them. Much to my surprise they didn't move an inch, even when I took the first photo. I thought for sure that Soonie would move her chin off of the chair.





Even when I took the second picture Oscie just kind of opened his eyes of a couple of seconds. It was soooooooooo cute and I am glad that the pictures turned out pretty good, since it was rather dark in the living room and I just turned on the one light in the kitchen.






Anyway, I guess you can see why I had a sheet on the chair before. I certainly have my work cut out for me now, to try and get all that kitten hair off it. And now we can't just blame Soonie for it!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Awwwww, my babies...
I just woke up from a dream where we came home and cuddled with Oscie and he still loved us...sniff....

10:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home