An Update On The Baby!
I just thought I would give you all a quick update on our little baby today!! He seems to be doing better. He is not at all happy with me because I won't give him any dry cat food. He is supposed to stay on the wet dissolution formula for 14 days. Then his diet is supposed to be mainly 'wet' food and dry given as a treat. I don't know how that is going to work out with the other cats around. It should be fun! Then there's the Puppy... he seems to think that I should allow him to eat whatever Oscie doesn't eat or at least leaves in his dish. Right now he is barking at the blockade I do to keep him away from Oscar and his food! It's quite annoying. I have to crush Oscar's pill into the food, because I am not proficient at giving cats pills at all. Oscar needs to eat it not Radar!
Joanne, can you imagine our little boy eating 2 cans of cat food a day???? That is the recommended amount for his weight. He doesn't even really like it that much. He licks all the 'gravy' off and then leaves the chunks of meat. He does eventually eat the meat, but he really doesn't like it! I have to take him into the vet on the 25th for a check on his urine. That means taking him in at 7:30 am and leaving him until he piddles for them.

4 Comments:
Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for taking such good care of him. I find comfort in the fact that he has someone to love him and take care of him:) I miss him a lot....
I can't imagine him eating that much wet food! Hopefully he eats it, if that's what's going to make him get better. I'm sure he won't starve himself.....
Bruce won't help you feed him the pills? It's hard...but we had it mostly mastered with the syringe and the water and all:) Yay, teamwork!
I checked with the vet yesterday when I went to get him more food and it is perfectly ok to crush the pill in his wet food as long as it is not a capsule!
It was so cute this afternoon, I picked him up and he cuddled his little head into my neck. As soon as I walked around the corner where Bruce could see him, he moved away and wanted down...like he said to himself "I wouldn't want anyone to see that I like to get a cuddle once in a while!!"
Hi Chris, I've been gone at a cat show over the weekend. I just read your blog on the poor baby. I went through all of that with Chance. So I'm a pro. And with Misty always being sick I have become a pro pill shover down the throat. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.
Which vet do you see at Capilano? Dr. Leversedge is the one that I've been seeing for years. She's the one that helped Chance with his crystals and stuff. Maybe they can refur to Chances file if they still have it.
I hope he gets better.
Julia
Thanks Julia,
Oscie seems to be doing better today although he is getting mad because I am not giving him dry food at all. Even Soonies dish stays relatively empty so he cannot eat her food. I thought that having so many pets would be quite easy but it gets harder and harder every day trying to keep one pet out of anothers food. Maybe I should put a litter box in 3 separate rooms along with food and water and lock them in. Then there's Puppy.... I can home tonight after a frustrating night of bowling to poop and pee on the bathroom floor!!! Fun, fun fun here in the Zoo!!!!!!!!1
Post a Comment
<< Home