Is Winter Upon Us????
I'm wondering if this is the beginning of winter today. It started snowing and the temperature dropped quite dramatically from last week. It was -12 when I went to Gateway today!!!! I think that last Tuesday I was wearing my denim jacket. The snow stopped for a while this afternoon and started up again tonight. I heard that the temperature is going to -19 overnight.
As the snow falls and the temperatures fall, so rises the cost of gasoline. Monday, the gas price was 74.9 per litre and when I went out this afternoon it was 81.9. Everyone I talked to tonight was pi$$ed. We all feel like we are being screwed by the government. We are!!!! There is no way that we should be paying such high prices for fuel in the province where it comes from. How can the federal government control the price of our natural resources? I was rather pleased with myself though, I filled up on Sunday when the price was at 74.9. I had a $.07 off coupon from Safeway, so for the first time in several months I payed 67.9 cents a litre for gas.
Our little Oscie is doing good. He gobbled his food down tonight when I got home (even with the antibiotic crushed in it). He seems content enough eating it now. I am making sure that I give him wet food about 3 times a day, sometimes more if he wants it. He now gets a bit of dry food also and that makes for a much happier kitten. Clara was not impressed with the cold temperatures and snow today. She really hates being inside so much. Puppy, on the other hand, likes the snow and often comes in with his 'snowy nose'. I just hope that his bald tummy doesn't freeze!!! Bassoon was quite interested in looking out the door to see what was going on when I let Clare-clare and Puppy out tonight! It's funny, she seems more interested in the outdoors the last few months than she ever did before.
That's it for tonight. Must get some rest and try to get rid of this cold I have. My nose has been running constantly the last 2 days!!! YUCK!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home