Oscar Update
Oscar spent the whole day at the vet's yesterday. I had him there by 7:45 am and I picked him up at 5:00 pm. He was there for a urine specimen and of course he wouldn't go for them! Eventually they had to get the sample with a needle. He has an infection and must be on antibiotics for another 2 weeks. Twice a day I crush his pill into his food and mix it into the gravy. Fun times!
The poor little guy wasn't at all happy with me yesterday morning. I had to tip his carrier on end and drop him into it. As soon as we walked out the door he started crying and cried all the way to the vet's. Thank goodness it's not very far. When I went to pick him up, they brought him out and as soon as he saw me he cried and the tech gave him to me and he was very cuddly! When they brought his carrier back he went right in (like he knew that he was going home). There was hardly and crying on the way home at all!!! I really think that they know exactly what's going on and that they are going home. When we got home, the first thing he did was gobble done his food and then have the longest bath!
I guess we will be doing the same thing in a couple of weeks, as soon as he has finished his drugs. If he still has bacteria in his urine, we will have to have a culture run and see if he is resistant to the antibiotics. His crystals seem to have cleared up with the food he's on and he has to stay on it for a while. He can have small amounts of dry too, so now he's happier with me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home