Our Crazy Weather???
I think that I should take back what I said a few months ago about 'Global Warming'. The last week has been incredibly beautiful here. One day last week it reached 18 C. This morning at 8:00 am it was 12 C. It's almost the end of November!! No snow on the ground and the past several nights it hasn't even gone below freezing. Are we going to be in for a nasty December and January?
When I left for Gateway this afternoon at about 4:30, they said that it had started to cool off since the sun had started to set. It was 15 degrees C!!! Even the wind was warm today. I don't even know what the daytime high was today. During this nice weather the wind has been quite cold standing out in it. But today was different. The rest of the week is supposed to be mild too. Even the long range forecast is good. The coldest temperature I saw was -2. (I wrote all this on Tuesday) Apparently we had 10 straight days of record high temperatures!!!!!!
Not much else going on right now. Oscar is doing good. The other 'critters' are all as well as can be expected. Clara has been very happy with the mild temperatures and has been spending most of her time outside. Toodle Bug (Soonie) is just as lazy as ever, the only time she runs is when Oscar chases her. Puppy is okay too. I am going to have to try and cut the hair on his paws. It is sooooo long. If it snows he will get his feet too snowy and will freeze them and then melt and be too wet when he comes inside. He seems to have stopped loosing his hair as much. His tummy is still pretty bald, so I don't know if he will need a sweater to go out in the cold! Since he can't walk too far, I'm sure he'll come inside if he's too cold!
Now it's Friday and I just took Oscar to the vet to get his urnine re-checked. Poor baby, he cried all the way there in the car and looked soooooooooo sad when I left him. At least I'm not worried that he might have a blockage today. He took the biggest pee I've ever seen him take last night! It had to be a half a cup at least!!!!!!!
I am having quite a bit of back pain today and last night. I must have turned the wrong way at bowling last night and sort of put my back out. Had a terrible first game but then bowled great the second and third (182 and190) even had 5 strikes in a row in the last game!!!! First time in many years for that!!!!!!
Best close for now. Will post later today or tomorrow to update on Oscie baby!!!

2 Comments:
Go Super-momma!!! Good job bowling!!!
Five strikes in a row? So, is there a special name for that (other than possibly a quintuple)? I only know from double and then turkey. Are you an überturkey now? Tee hee!
Glad to know that Oscie is on the mend - the weather down here has been unbelievably warm as well, but I WANT SNOW! They kept the heating on in my apartment building during this whole heat wave (we had 3 days where we reached 20 degrees..averaged around 18) and my apartment was just sweltering. I want winter weather and I want it now! We're supposed to get snow tomorrow, I think, but the mountains are still lacking. I've already been skiing once this year, but there weren't many runs open.
Lots of love from YYC! XOXO
Post a Comment
<< Home