Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year and I hope that it is a GREAT one for you all. Bruce and I had a very quiet New Years Eve. We have both had this terrible cold and did not feel like going out at all. So we just stayed home and watched the tube, Bruce played some on-line poker (as usual) and I did some preparations for our New Year's Dinner we were having. Jen and Trev and Jill and Ryan came for dinner. I had enough food to feed an army though!!!! I cooked a turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, carrots, turnip, brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. I tried some new recipe's this time. One was 'Slow Cooker' mashed potatoes. They turned out great and the girls said they were good too!!! I did the ham with a maple syrup/butter/ brown sugar glaze with pineapple slices that was really tasty and made sweet potatoes (for my first time) that were really good but not too bad for you. I took a couple of recipe's and adapted them to something with considerably less calories. Then for dessert, I made 2 different trifles.....one with angel food cake, fat free vanilla pudding, raspberries and blackberries, topped with light Cool Whip. The other one was chocolate brownies with chocolate pudding and cool whip mixed together and had chopped chocolate covered almonds in it. It was fun trying out some new things and good that they all turned out so well!!!!!!

So now that the holidays are over, it's back to the regular routine again. Time for me to get busy with all the bowling things I need to do. I have to get the packages ready to send out to all the bowling centres for the Youth Scholarship Tournament. Most of the prep work is done, I just need to print it off and take it in to be copied. Then it's back to bowling this week and my regular meeting of the Edmonton Tenpin Association is tomorrow night and there are tournaments starting up too. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!!!

I guess that's it for tonight. Must get to sleep and see if I can't get rid of this cold!!!! I hate it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home